Ethics CORE for Practicing Scientists and Engineers
Ethics CORE's mission is to centralize information on research ethics in the sciences and engineering so that you can easily find materials that will help you learn and address ethics issues that you encounter in your career. Here are some places where you might want to start exploring Ethics CORE:
- The NCPRE Best Practices Statement on RCR Education
- Read the articles What Is Research Ethics?, Why Teach Research Ethics, and Teaching Research Ethics: Getting Started.
- Research Literature Search searches the Scopus database for scholarly articles on ethics.
- Self-contained learning modules and tutorials available from Ethics CORE and other online sources.
- Peruse Introductory Topic Packets.
- Search materials collected by Ethics CORE, including case studies, videos, and lectures,to help you learn about ethics issues, especially in support of the National Science Foundation Responsible Conduct of Research training requirement.
- Take or teach instructor-led and certificate courses through the Ethics CORE Moodle.
Additionally, if you register as an Ethics CORE user, you will be able to form discussion groups with other researchers, as well as contribute materials and best practices of your own. The Ethics CORE community can be a resource for you when you want to learn more about a particular aspect of research ethics or would like to share an insight that you have had.
Links for You
- The National Institute for Engineering Ethics/Murdough Center for Engineering Professionalism
- The Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Research by the National Academy of Engineering
- Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research, a freely available PDF published by the ORI
- Sigma Xi resources on Research Ethics. Sigma Xi is an international, multidisciplinary research society whose programs and activities promote the health of the scientific enterprise and honor scientific achievement.
- On Being a Scientist, 3rd ed., published by the National Academies Press. You can start reading it online for free.